Pet sharing is about connecting with each other and making new friendships with a pet.…
Dave and I founded Share My Pet in 2017 with the intension of enriching the lives of pets in NZ. We aim to do this via connecting pet owners with animal lovers in your local community. Pets can recieve extra care and attention. We are passionate about supporting local, national and international animal welfare charities.
As our pet sharing community grows we have come to realise that pet sharing is hugely beneficial to people too. Mental well-being, improved physical health and being connected to your community are some of the huge benefits of pet sharing.
A pledge to improve the lives of pets and animals
To maintain Share My Pet, Dave and I continue to work our day jobs. As such we have a limited budget which goes towards the running and maintenance of the website. When, in the future Share My Pet begins to make money, we have pledged to give 50% of the profits to animal welfare charities within NZ and worldwide.
In the mean time our passion for helping animals has led us to contribute from our own pockets. We often join up and support other community organisations to raise money for animal welfare charities. Dave and I also regulary organise our own pet friendly events to help raise money for animal welfare organisations we admire and support. Here is a brief outline of our involvement and support since we started Share My Pet.
- Ongoing annual membership of Forest and Bird NZ
- Pup Friendly Charity Quiz at the Prince Albert Pub and Backpackers, Fundraising for Pet Refuge (June 2020)
- Pet Refuge donation www.rebuildlives.co.nz (April 2020)
- Annual donation to Lanta Animal Welfare, Thailand
- Community Fundraising for The Nelson Ark , March 2020
- SPCA Street Appeal, March 2020
- Donations to Humane Society Animal Rescue Fund February 2020
- Donatations to various causes at SPCA NZ, 2020
- Wires- Wildlife Emergency Fund Australia ,donations given January 2020
- Catnap Cafe charity fundraiser event 2019, Speed dating event at CatNap Cafe 2019
- Wanaka Cat Rescue charity fundraiser event 2019 , find under Wanaka Sun article ‘ A Great Community Cat-titude.
- Kitteninn donations given 2019
- Support of SPCA https://www.spca.nz/
- SPCA Great Paws Walk
- Nelson state cinema fundraiser appeal for the SPCA 2019
- SPCA collection for the Nelson Fires 2019
- SPCA Great Bake For Love 2018
- Sponsorship of a dog at Koh Lanta Animal welfare 2019 http://lantaanimalwelfare.com/support-us/visit-us/
- Annual donation to the Yangon animal shelter 2018
- SPAW (Donation) http://spaw.org.nz/
- Pawsjustice (Donation) http://pawjustice.co.nz/homenews/
- Green Peace and adoption of a Maui dolphin.
- UK wildlife rehab center (Donation) https://www.wildlifeaid.org.uk/
- Soi dogs Phuket (Donation) https://www.soidog.org/
- Luang Prabang bear sanctuary
It is our hope that with your support, Share My Pet will become a well established business in New Zealand . By supporting our pet sharing community and helping us spread the word about Share My Pet you can be part of this journey.
Our vision is to improve and enrich the lives of pets in New Zealand and world wide. Together, as a community we can all make a difference to the lives of pets and people. Thank you!
Find Out More
If you enjoyed this blog please check out many more pet related write ups on the Share My Pet website
You can also check out our social media at
Share My Pet is always ready and available to help you find a perfect match.
We welcome all feedback and suggestions on how to improve our services.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lili and Dave and the Share My Pet Family