Dave and I founded Share My Pet in 2017 with the intension of improving the lives of pets in NZ. We aim to do this via connecting pet owners with members of their local community who wish give pets extra care and attention. We are passionate about supporting local, national and international animal welfare charities.
As our pet sharing community grows we have come to realise that pet sharing is hugely beneficial to people too. Mental well-being, improved physical health and being connected to your community are some of the huge benefits of pet sharing.
To maintain Share My Pet, Dave and I continue to work our day jobs. As such we have a limited budget which goes towards the running and maintenance of the website. If in the future Share My Pet begins to make money, we have pledged to give 50% of the profits to animal welfare charities within NZ and worldwide.
In the mean time our passion for helping animals has led us to contribute from our own pockets. We join up with other community organisations to raise money for animal welfare charities. Here is a brief outline of our involvement and support of animal welfare charities since we started Share My Pet.
- Ongoing annual membership of Forest and Bird NZ
- Annual donation to Lanta Animal Welfare, Thailand
- Community Fundraising for The Nelson Ark , March 2020
- SPCA Street Appeal, March 2020
- Donations to Humane Society Animal Rescue Fund February 2020
- Donatations to various causes at SPCA NZ, 2020
- Wires- Wildlife Emergency Fund Australia ,donations given January 2020
- Catnap Cafe charity fundraiser event 2019, Speed dating event at CatNap Cafe 2019
- Wanaka Cat Rescue charity fundraiser event 2019 , find under Wanaka Sun article ‘ A Great Community Cat-titude.
- Kitteninn donations given 2019
- Support of SPCA https://www.spca.nz/
- SPCA Great Paws Walk
- Nelson state cinema fundraiser appeal for the SPCA 2019
- SPCA collection for the Nelson Fires 2019
- SPCA Great Bake For Love 2018
- Sponsorship of a dog at Koh Lanta Animal welfare 2019 http://lantaanimalwelfare.com/support-us/visit-us/
- Annual donation to the Yangon animal shelter 2018
- SPAW (Donation) http://spaw.org.nz/
- Pawsjustice (Donation) http://pawjustice.co.nz/homenews/
- Green Peace and adoption of a Maui dolphin.
- UK wildlife rehab center (Donation) https://www.wildlifeaid.org.uk/
- Soi dogs Phuket (Donation) https://www.soidog.org/
- Luang Prabang bear sanctuary
It is our hope that with your support, Share My Pet will become a well established business in New Zealand . By supporting our pet sharing community and helping us spread the word about Share My Pet you can be part of this journey.
Our vision is to improve and enrich the lives of pets in New Zealand and world wide. Together, as a community we can all make a difference to the lives of pets and people. Thank you!
If you enjoyed this blog and would like further reading on all things pets and animals please go to our website Share My Pet and check out our news section. We have many more blogs, a media page or lots of information about pet safety. Happy reading!