cuddles, and care
them a new hooman friend
Join the pack at Share my Pet to find your pet a new hooman friend.
Someone to help you with your four-legged family member by taking them on outings, providing care, and becoming their new best bud. A bit of extra freedom for you, and extra love and attention for your pet.
What you get
It’s not just about pet sharing.
It’s about making friends and being part of a trusted community
Be part of a pack
Join a community of local animal lovers and meet likeminded people
Enjoy peace of mind
Carers are vetted, and contacting them is safe and straightforward
Make new friends
Make new four-legged and hooman friends for yourself and your pets
Keen to have a sniff around?
Join the pack for FREE, and browse for pawsome new friends
Simply register by clicking the button below and create a free profile. Then you’ll be able to browse for members and pets in your area.
If you like what you see, you can go premium and start connecting with other members anytime.
How it works
1. Create your FREE profile
Register as a sharer or carer and create your free secure member profile
2. Discover your purrfect match
Browse for pets and members in your neighbourhood
3. Go premium &
Become a paid premium member to message and connect with other members
4. Meet up and start sharing
Meet up with new friends and arrange playdates, outings, and adventures
Pawsitive Success Stories
Keen to have a sniff around?
Join the pack for FREE and browse for pawsome new friends. If you like what you see, you can go premium and start petworking anytime.
discounts to these fantastic
New Zealand companies.
These REAL ingredients are formulated by PET NUTRITIONISTS and lovingly FREEZE-DRIED into delicious bites.
We also have a variety of amazing one-off boxes. Your pooch will be waiting for their NZ DOG BOX delivery and best friends with the mailman.
PetConnect has great brands available for all manner of pets including cats, dogs, birds, fish and reptiles. Check out their great products today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Share My Pet connects pet owners and animal lovers to share the love of pets.
This works through a simple, 4-step process:
- Create your free profile as a sharer or carer and fill in your details
- Browse for pets and members in your neighbourhood to discover your purrfect match
- Become a paid premium member to message and connect with other members
- Meet up with new friends and arrange playdates, outings, and adventures
Follow these simple steps to join our pawsome pack of pet owners and animal lovers:
- Visit here
- Decide whether you’d like to create a free sharer or carer account
- Complete your profile and add a profile picture
- Search for purrfect matches near you
- Upgrade to premium to connect with other members
A “sharer” is a pet owner looking to find a new hooman friend for their pet.
Absolutely! We’d love for you to embrace both roles. All you need to do is create and fill in another profile and you’re good to go.
To see if there are local members near you, simply create a free profile and search for members in your area.
If you find possible matches, you can upgrade to a premium membership and connect with other members.
As a free member, you can test drive Share My Pet and see what our friendly community of pet owners and animal lovers is all about.
You can create a profile and search for pets or carers in your neighbourhood.
If you want to connect with other members, you’ll need to upgrade to premium to gain access to the messenger system.
As a premium member, you can send unlimited messages to other members and arrange furry playdates and adventures. You also get access to a range of member benefits and discounts, which you can find here.
To cancel your upcoming subscription renewal email email@example.com and let us know that you’d like to cancel.
Please note that you will still have to pay for any remaining payments due in your yearly subscription. You will have full access to the platform until your current subscription term runs out.
If you decide that you would like to leave Share My Pet completely then send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete your account along with all your details. Please note that you will still have to pay for any remaining payments due in your yearly subscription.
If you are not happy with the service provided we can offer you a refund if you have not sent / exchanged contact details with another member via the Share My Pet platform. Simply email us at email@example.com and we’ll process a refund immediately.
You have 14 statutory days to claim a refund if you are not satisfied with the services provided by Share my Pet. However, once you have made contact with another member we deem that the services on offer have been fulfilled and as such a refund is not warranted. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
For the safety of our members and pets, there are a few basic rules we expect everyone in our community to follow.
These rules are:
- A lead contract must be used at all times
- NO money is ever to be exchanged between sharers and carers
- All communication must be kind and respectful
- Remember that all pet sharing is on a voluntary basis, so all furry playdates are by prior mutual arrangement and carers are not obliged to provide regular care
- Any furry playdates that have been arranged should be kept, if possible, as a general courtesy to other members
No, carers who join Share My Pet do so for their genuine love of animals and to make new furry friends. Any playdates arranged between sharers and carers are on a voluntary basis for both parties, and no money is ever exchanged.
There is no limit. As long as each pet meets the criteria (see T&C ‘s for regulations on eligible animals) you can list all your furry /feathered friends.
In general, we advise that you give each pet its own profile. However, you may wish to create a single profile for a group of pets like a pair of guinea pigs or a flock of chickens.
Your pet is not insured through Share My Pet and we do not accept responsibility for any injury to pets or members.
However, we strongly encourage all owners to have a valid and up-to-date pet insurance policy. As a premium member, you’re eligible for discounted PD pet insurance. You can find out more about pet insurance here.
If your pet becomes ill or has an accident while they are with their carer, it’s the carer’s responsibility to seek medical advice and treatment whilst the animal is under their care. It is the owner’s responsibility to pay for any Vet / Medical fees and ongoing medical costs.
To make sure everyone is on the same page, it’s a good idea to discuss what to do in an emergency before each furry playdate, and for owners to be contactable throughout, if possible
Share My Pet loves hearing from you – our Sharers and Carers.
If you have any feedback, suggestions, or fun ideas that you think we might want to hear, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no better way of spreading the word than word of mouth, so if you love Share My Pet, have had a wonderful pet connection through the site, or think it’s a great idea please keeping sharing and talking about us!
You can do this by reviewing us on Facebook or posting pictures of your furry playdates on Instagram and tagging us in using the hashtag #petsharingdate. We also very much value your feedback and testimonials, which you can send to us via email.
We are happy to send out business and rack cards for you to hand out to vet clinics, dog groomers, pet stores, pet friendly establishments, etc. If you work in the pet industry, we are happy to promote your business in exchange of you promoting us. Thank you.
Yes. Every pet sharing relationship is unique, and it’s up to you to decide when and how often you wish to be involved.
We take the safety of all our members very seriously. There are a few simple steps you can take to make it all go smoothly.
- Your personal information is never visible to other members. We recommend you use the website messenger system to get to know each other and then arrange a meeting in a public place. Once you have met face to face and feel comfortable you can exchange personal details, such as home address.
- All profiles are reviewed and member to member communication monitored
- Share My Pet has an on lead policy for all dogs being shared unless agreed otherwise by the dog owner and borrower.
- Any dog off lead by agreement must have a signed Share My Pet contact by both the owner and borrower. Download contract here.
- Before pet sharing, pet owners should discuss any health issues, special dietary restrictions and what to do in the case on an emergency. We recommend that all shared pets are insured. Share My Pet offers discounted pet insurance with PD Pet insurance.